Bronies Bronies

Actually pretty funny

I'll be honest, I came here expecting nothing more than a desperate attempt at poking fun at something popular to try to be popular, but actually found it pretty funny. The writing really just is what it is, so there's nothing to do about it. I would've found it a lot funnier if there was some sort of punchline to it, other than a shock ending and a silly face to reach boiling point and not have to animate anything, but nevertheless, the bit with the "Original voices from the show" made me crack up a smile.

The animation is very pretty, and has a nice sense of weight to it. Unfortunately, the timing might at times be a bit convulted, so a few dropbacks aren't so easy on the eye.

Dead Space Fail Dead Space Fail

Amazing!

Holy cow, man, the art... the art!

Let me tell you, you have an awesome art style; everything is so wonderfully stylized and detailed, it's a real pleasure to look at, and the way you complement it with that thick kind of animation is beautiful; reminds me to a degree of classic SNES games.

This also made me laugh out loud plenty of times; there's a general sense of awkwardness all around the timing of the jokes and the phrasing, that makes for the perfect punchline delivery. I really like how you made Isaac's bucket-helmet lights kind of reflect his emotions, really adds a new layer of expression to the character. Great job!

Story of the Blanks Story of the Blanks

20% cooler...

I liked your game, I really did. The 8-bit graphics are all very well done and though true to the style of the show, always reminiscent of classic NES and SNES games. One thing that really seemed to stand out was the great way in which the exploration elements were merged into the story, as, though they work entirely on intuition, they manage to guide the player extremely well from place to place and really give a nice feel for the controls and navigation (A prime example of this is how swiftly the game gives the player an implicit indication to go north while Twilight attempts to move the logs, just like a hyperactive filly like Applebloom would). Though it personally worked for me, and I can't speak for anyone else, there is a possibility of other players to interpretate directions differently and become bored waiting for the game to trigger some sort of event, so figuring out a way to have the player follow the command through a subtle hint, like a box of dialogue or something like that would make for great troubleshooting.

My other problem is how the game doesn't seem to try to divert much from a very concrete formula of adventure gaming, which, while not a bad thing itself, does tend to create confusion because of the logic of some of the puzzles. The design of the crate maze, mostly, was very frustrating for me, as flawed design meant that there was a possibility for the player to get stuck, making it impossible to obtain the lever at the end of the puzzle.

Overall, for a fan made game, it's extremely good, and shows a few really compelling traits that I'd love to see implemented in more games in the future. As Fluttershy would say... "yaaaaay"